S1, S2, S3, S5 Wednesday thread 2012.11.07

Started Nov 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
FlossTycoon Veteran Member • Posts: 3,904
S1, S2, S3, S5 Wednesday thread 2012.11.07

Greetings from afar.  I tried this post earlier but was unable to upload images to my gallery.  That has vexed me before I thought it might be my slow internet service.  So I went back to last week's thread to catch up on some replies.  While that page was open the upload process went along just fine.  So I wonder if that is the trick, open a forum page first and then come back to the ad photos process.  One never knows.

I have a whole shelf full of CD-R and DVD-R image files to share.  So I went back to 2005 when the S3 was the new kid on the block and selected a trio of images not yet seen here.  I hope you enjoy the views from Montana.

Here is an empty coal train with an interesting mix of locomotives on the downhill side of the mountain.  There are probably 112 empty hopper cars.  All three units are owned by the same railroad company. Seven years later we find the lead unit has been repainted to the new orange and black with yellow paint scheme, the second unit has come off lease and has left the property and the third unit is likely recently out of storage due to increased traffic in the North Dakota Bakken oil fields.

When I was a locomotive engineer this was one view looking back from the seat I sat in.  It was a requirement to look back on the train regularly to see that everything was working as intended.  Today's train was an officers' special where management personnel would ride the system just to see how all the summer maintenance and improvements were working out.

Here is a non train image of the Flathead River east of Paradise, MT and the rain clouds building in the Mission Valley.  Beautiful place to be and nice fishing to be had.  I need to drag the canoe down here and float this section.  Now that I have retired I should have the time.

So there we go for this week.  While it is still actually Tuesday in my part of the world the members should find the thread hot when they check the internet in the morning.  I need to cook a bit of dinner and then wander down to the local pub to hang out with the Democrats as the polls close.  We can watch the results come in and raise a toast and hang our heads for each result.  It will be an interesting 4 years coming on for sure.

Alan

-- hide signature --

Alan, in Montana

Casio Exilim EX-S5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-S2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-S3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow