Nikon UK Repair: Some Advice To Share

Started Nov 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
Leif Goodwin Senior Member • Posts: 1,390
Re: Nikon UK Repair: Some Advice To Share

I would not accept that. I have found in the past year or two that if you fight your case, you will probably win. But it might take a year. It took me 6 months to get a debit card cash back from a fraudulent shopkeeper, and 1 year to get money from cowboy builders. So fight them. Don't let them fob you off. If tech support ignore you, or give you patter, write a proper letter and send copies to senior people.

And make sure your letter is completely polite, not aggressive, but firm. State what they did, and what you expect i.e. rectification of the damage. Also ask them how they caused the damage. It is odd damage isn't it?

Incidentally, I would not have taken photos of the lens before, as I would expect them to look after it. But it is worth remembering for future reference.

Leif Goodwin's gear list:Leif Goodwin's gear list
Nikon D200 Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8D +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow