Lens Rentals reviews the 35-100 / 2.8

Started Nov 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
Anders W Forum Pro • Posts: 21,466
Re: This lens is great wide open

mpgxsvcd wrote:

Anders W wrote:

mpgxsvcd wrote:

I posted RAW samples that show it really is about the same throughout the entire zoom range. It also is better than the 14-140mm throughout that whole range and it achieves that quality right from F2.8.

As already pointed out by micksh6, 2 MP images like those you posted are hardly ideal for judging sharpness. Even so, these shots tell me the lens does better at the short end than at the long one, which is fully in line with Roger C's results.

That is why I posted the Original RAW files and unprocessed JPGs files in a zip folder at the link below. I guess everyone missed my other post.

RAW image samples

I also have 100% crops in the gallery below.

Well, I am afraid that other post was rather easily missed. But thanks for the additions. I looked at the crops in your gallery and found two series: one at 100 mm, one at 99 mm but none at 35 mm. What I could see by looking at the beginning (widest apertures) of the 100 mm series is that your samples are well in line with Roger C's measurements. The lens sharpens up noticeably when you stop down from f/2.8 to f/4.

Anders W's gear list:Anders W's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +28 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow