Hate to admit it, but I have the AF issue. Going to make a case with Nikon. Any advice?

Started Nov 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
GMack Senior Member • Posts: 2,928
Re: Hate to admit it, but I have the AF issue. Going to make a case with Nikon. Any advice?

Livio Spallone wrote:

.... the shop owner sold dozens of d800 and he says that very, very few customers know of the potential focus issue or about the need to focus tuning the lenses.

I suspect Nikon uses the above as a reason not to bring up any defaults in their products.  Eventually they will fall off the warranty status if not discovered so no harm, no foul to their ROI numbers.  I know pros who graduated from Brooks Institute of Photography that never heard of "focus tuning" on their bodies which I think is odd.

I know people with Canon Mark II and II cameras who are totally afraid of their Canon flash units and never use them.  Can't figure them out I guess.  "Why use flash?  I just raise the ISO and ignore using electronic flash." is their line - until I find out they cannot work it at all.

Heck.  I should talk.  I can email, but I can't text for crap nor figure that one out at all.  For a $200/month Verizon unlimited data plan, I would think I could.  Really is sad when I get a text from a model saying "I'll be there at 11AM" off her iPhone (Allmodels have Apple iPhones, or so it seems.) and I don't know how to respond to it.  Damn confusing thing!

Mack

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow