Bridges

Started Nov 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
richj20 Veteran Member • Posts: 6,469
Re: Bridges

Clayton Jones wrote:

Nice bunch of bridge photos, enjoying the thread very much. This shot was made just last week in Zion Nat'l Park in Utah. The bridge was built in 1930 using local stone. The literature about it says the workmen took meticulous care in the stonework which caused the project to be finished late. They considered it a work of art and were very proud of the finished result. It really is beautiful and my brother and I were so struck by it that we had to stop and make some pictures. This is my favorite.

Regards,
Clayton

Yes, a very nice collection of bridges in this thread!

In looking at this bridge we saw in Zion, I was struck with the various textures, from the different rocks in the foreground (on road and berm)  to the eroded cliffs in the background, with the smooth, man-made stones of the bridge in the middle. So, the bridge was just one texture element in the composition, where your bridge is nicely the center of attention!

Regards,

Richard

richj20's gear list:richj20's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Panasonic Leica 100-400mm F4.0-6.3 ASPH Panasonic FZ1000 Sony a7R II
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow