damn you sony, damn you. firs shot with the d600

Started Nov 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
Prairie Pal Senior Member • Posts: 2,724
Re: damn you sony, damn you. firs shot with the d600

kevindar wrote:

Volksgti81 wrote:

Wow!!! It's as if you can literally shoot in the dark and still have a workable image. What Canon are you coming from? What would you say outside of sensor performance with the Nikon would you prefer over Canon? Hell of a shot by the way.

yeah, there is a lot of latitude in the shadows. It really allows you to expose for the highlights, and for many cases, obviate the need for a filter or bracketing.

http://razzi.me/kevindar/photos

I was thinking the same thing about obliviating the need for filtering and bracketing, and to some degree reducing the need for carrying a tripod (when bracketing).  I shoot alot of heritage museums (where it's encouraged) and I recently took the D600 for a spin where I normally had been using a D90.  The lighting is gastly difficult (mixed and weak).  I took the camera through the ringer trying to capture the light different ways.  I shot ISO up to 6400.  I shot ISO 100 using up to 30 second exposures.  I underexposed and hand held in an attempt to find a compromise between grain and shadow recovery.  I'm not qualified to quantify the results scientifically, but all I can say is that "its all good" !.

Prairie Pal's gear list:Prairie Pal's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Nikon D600 Nikon D7200 Olympus OM-D E-M10 II +10 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
bvd
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow