damn you sony, damn you. firs shot with the d600

Started Nov 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
kevindar
OP kevindar Veteran Member • Posts: 4,456
Re: damn you sony, damn you. firs shot with the d600

Volksgti81 wrote:

Wow!!! It's as if you can literally shoot in the dark and still have a workable image. What Canon are you coming from? What would you say outside of sensor performance with the Nikon would you prefer over Canon? Hell of a shot by the way.

yeah, there is a lot of latitude in the shadows. It really allows you to expose for the highlights, and for many cases, obviate the need for a filter or bracketing.

I come from a 5d3.

The d600 is very customizable. it has some nice things like better implementation of auto iso, by allowing you to set the min shutter speed at a wide range.  there is faster access to some of the things for a landscape shooter, like bracketing, mirror lockup (which in days of live view is inconsequential), etc.  That much said, I am used to ergonomics of 5d3, and far more comfortable with it.

Its not fair for me to compare the two, b/c with the exception of 14-24, I lack good glass for the nikon.  I really like the canon lens line up.  So far I would say the autofocusing of 5d3 seems to be clearly better.  Faster to focus, more accurate, better tracking. however, some of that is the function of the consumer Nikon lenses I am shooting.  All things considered, If canon was using this sensor in the 5d3, it would be the ideal camera for me in every conceivable way.

well I make the permanent switch?  I dont know yet. maybe I will buy the tamron 24-70 2.8 VC and go dual format for a while.

kevindar's gear list:kevindar's gear list
Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM Sony Alpha a7R II Sony a6300 +25 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
bvd
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow