Lens Rentals reviews the 35-100 / 2.8

Started Nov 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
mpgxsvcd Veteran Member • Posts: 8,094
Re: This lens is great wide open

I shot all day long with the 35-100mm F2.8 today. I can say that this lens is without a doubt the best m4/3s lens available today.

I really think the lens-rental assessment is misguided. They had unreasonable and perhaps unesscary expectations.

Of course the lens is sharper at 35mm than 100mm. However, all zooms are like that. And the sharpness is plenty sharp at 100mm. Sharpness is not an issue at all for this lens.

If you bypass this lens based on a review that says it isn't sharp then you will be missing out. It is by far the most versatile m4/3s lens and the zoom is so smooth that you can actually zoom while filming with this lens.

I think that some people are quick to disparage this lens and the GH3 because they don't want to pay the price for quality. That is fine. However, I am completely satisfied with the small fortune I spent on this lens and the GH3.

I am gathering the videos and stills I took today. I will post them as soon as possible. Trust me you won't have any doubts after that.

This is a lens that you can finally shoot sports with!

mpgxsvcd's gear list:mpgxsvcd's gear list
Panasonic LX100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Olympus PEN E-PM2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow