Ideal background color

Started Nov 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
TAM63 Senior Member • Posts: 1,751
Ideal background color

I could use some recommendations.  I am trying to take a picture of a braided leather strand with beads on it.  The beads are not really a problem to photograph, but I'm having a bit of trouble getting the leather color to show up well.

It is somewhat shiny, half black and the other half light blue and dark/medium purple.  The purple is what doesn't want to show up - it wants to be too dark and/or too blue.

Often I shoot these sort of things on a light blue background, but that doesn't seem to work as well for this one.  Can anyone give me a better idea?

This is just for me, documenting some artwork of mine - I am an amateur.  Using a D7000 btw.

TAM63's gear list:TAM63's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR +4 more
Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow