The scratch right below the reflecting mirror on D600.

Started Oct 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
Nikonfan99 Senior Member • Posts: 1,411
Re: More or less my story too.

bocajrs wrote:

After 660 shots, I checked my D600 and sure enough I also have scratch mentioned. I shot at F18,20,22 and see only three oil spots on top left. I've not seen any IQ degredation shooting between f1.8-f12 so Im not going to worry about it or should I? I purchased from Amazon and my 30-day window to return will be up next Tuesday.

Mine has very very very very faint marks along that edge too but they are actually not even noticeable unless you really look for them. You can send it in but please keep in mind you will end up with probably a camera that has the same thing more or less and lets not forget you may end up with a more dirty sensor. I personally would leave this alone. I know some people want to send the camera in because of this but to me it is asking for trouble. You may be without your camera for a long time and add to that the repair history on these forums for nikon is questionable at best. I say if it works and takes amazing photos to wait it out. I don’t see this issue as an end all be all and am waiting to see what nikon does for the people that sent the camera in and only time will tell if the "repair" will actually cause other long term issues.

Nikonfan99's gear list:Nikonfan99's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 100mm F2.8L Macro IS USM Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow