**** Thursday Landscape Thread - 11/01/12 ****

Started Nov 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
manthasfamily
manthasfamily Veteran Member • Posts: 6,443
Re: Brian...Court Yard

flbrit wrote:

I really love Santa Fe. So much that my wife and I are thinking about uping sticks from Florida and moving there.

We spend maybe three weeks a year there on our way out/return to the south and north west during our anuall extended vacation in our Motor Home.

I know exactly where you took that shoot of the skulls in the courtyard.

I can see from your photos that you have a feeling for the place as well. I really like both your shots but especially the 2nd one.

With the 2nd one, it really was a great vision to see the shot. I think you saw a slightly different version from what the camera took. Here is a cropped version of your photo. Hope you do not mind. The crop removes some of the distracting outer edges which the eye often ignores.

Cropped and slightly sharpened version

I usually have a preset on my cameras of -1/3 exposure compensation. It may be worth setting this as a default.

Kind Regards

Brian

Thanks so much for your comments.  I definitely don't mind you doing a cropped version.  I went back in and sharpened a bit more.  On my screen your picture is way dark and the chilies are very dark and blurry.  On the cropped version that I just did (below) on my screen I can see the chiles clearly and thy are more read then a burnt red.  Again thanks so much!

-- hide signature --

Karen
If it pleases you then to hell what everyone else thinks!

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow