Which NEC monitor?
I'm looking for a new monitor for photo editing, and am a bit torn between the NEC P221w-bk-sv and the newer NEC PA231w-bk-sv. Anyone know which is better, or if they are more or less equal?
The price difference isn't that much, and the extra inch in size one way or the other doesn't really matter to me. The main differences are:
The P221 covers 96% of color gamut, while the PA231 is only 75%.
The PA231 is an IPS panel, while the P221 is not.
The PA231 has higher resolution than the P221 (1920x1080 vs. 1680x1050).
Both come with SpectraView calibration.
I guess what it comes down to is that I'm not sure how important that extra 20% of color gamut is.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
|Sunflower Field by GrannyMeg|
from An impressionist piece
|Flag from Staten Island Ferry by wam7|
|Windswept juniper by Kreber|
from Wind power
|SAND SCULPTURE by duskman|
from Landscape - Black and White #4