Best Micro Four Thirds For the Buck

Started Nov 1, 2012 | Questions thread
tedolf
tedolf Forum Pro • Posts: 23,971
Another option...

pablolie wrote:

I will never get rid of my E-PL1, it is a fantastic camera. And a bargain... without lenses.

For anyone that moves up from an XZ-1, which has a fantastic little lens, that should be a huge consideration. What does it take to really take better pictures? The E-PL1 and the kit lens may not quite get the job done. The kit lens is too compromised, you need to at least buy the Panny 20:1.7 to go "Oh I get it" if you step up from the XZ-1.

Which is what my advice to the XZ-1 owner is: save your money until you can get a last gven sensor and a few lenses. It *will* set you back a bit, given the lens investment. And until then, enjoy the XZ-1 and learn to explore it in A and M mode. Its range beats the kit lens first gen m43s.

there are some very good, very cheap lenses: the 40-150mm being one of them.  Some of the third party lenses too.   Also, legacy lenses can be very good, and very cheap-many under $50.00.   You don't have to spend $1500.00 on the 12mm, 45mm and 75mm Holy Oly Trinity to get good IQ with u 4/3 cameras.   Tedolph

tedolf's gear list:tedolf's gear list
Olympus PEN E-P5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:2.8 Pancake Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow