Best Micro Four Thirds For the Buck

Started Nov 1, 2012 | Questions thread
AndyPalf Forum Member • Posts: 88
Re: Best Micro Four Thirds For the Buck

My vote goes tot he E-PL2.  I love it and it's easy to use.  I stepped up from point and shoot and have been having great fun learning with this camera.

Try and think ahead if you can about what photography you might be doing in the future.  I didn't do this but luckily the E-PL2 suits the jobs that I ask of it.  For example it has a bulb release so that I can shoot long exposures.  It also has a nice selection of AE bracketing for the HDR shots that I'm trying.  Having these features on the camera opens up more options for you to try and develop.

I think the GF5 ticks a lot of boxes in terms of quailty and features and all in a small package.  The GX1 looks like an accomplished bit of kit going for a good price.

The E-PL1 is hard to argue with if your wallet it maknig the decision.  Like others have said, look at Olympus Market Place to see their refurbished models.  The best bargain I've seen at the moment is the E-PM1 with 14-42 MkII and 40-150R for £300.  The lenses alone cost that!

Have fun buying the new camera

AndyPalf's gear list:AndyPalf's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL2 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow