Sales of the Sony A99

Started Oct 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
jonikon Veteran Member • Posts: 6,372
Re: Frank Doorhof on the Sony A99

VirtualMirage wrote:

So now we are talking reviews? You seem to be changing the subject here.

Good reviews boost camera sales, bad reviews hurt them and therefore it's relevant to the subject.

Anyway, the scores between the two I don't think would be comparable. If I recall correctly, DPR weights and scores their cameras in comparison to other cameras in their class. The D600 and A99 are clearly not in the same class and thus the scores are not weighted the same. Otherwise people would be taking the score of a cheap P&S camera and comparing it to a top tier DSLR and think it is a better camera because DPR gave the P&S a higher score. You can't do that. Well...actually you could try and directly compare the scores, but the results you get will not be accurate.

-- hide signature --

Paul

Sounds to me that you are already trying to lower expectations for the a99 score!

In any event, the success or failure of the a99 and the other Sony's SLT cameras will be decided by consumers buying choices and not our opinions on these forums. Based on Nikon's just released excellent financial report, I'm betting on Nikon D600 and D800 sales to exceed Sony a99 sales by a wide margin.

from Nikon Rumors .com

http://nikonrumors.com/2012/11/01/nikons-financial-results-for-the-first-half-of-the-year-are-out.aspx/#more-47884

Have a nice day Paul.

- Jon

jonikon's gear list:jonikon's gear list
Nikon Coolpix A Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 V2 Fujifilm X-T10 Fujifilm X-T2 +12 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
gil
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow