A55 - "Camera Error"

Started Nov 1, 2012 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Wasim New Member • Posts: 21
A55 - "Camera Error"

Hello,

I have a Sony A55 SLT, which I've been using very happily until it kinda stopped working about a week ago.

I was in Vienna, at the Schonbrunn zoo, where I was going in and out of places of varying humidity. Maybe that had something to do with it, maybe not. I kept on taking pictures when the "battery low" warning came on. Maybe that had something to do with it, maybe not.

While taking burst photos of a tapir, the camera just stopped. Typically you hear two clicks when you take a picture, for the shutter opening and shutting (or is it the mirror?). I think there was only one click this time. No "Battery exhausted" message as I usually get. Just camera death.

Changing the battery yielded no results, recharging & replacing the original did nothing. Typically when you put in a new battery you hear a few whirs and clicks, but now I didn't hear a thing.

I read online somewhere that leaving the battery out for a few days may solve the issue, so I did that. Upon replacing the battery and turning on, the display just showed two words: "camera error". Not very helpful but better than nothing. I still couldn't use any functions on the camera.

So that's where I am now. My camera's a brick. Apparently this might have something to do with the shutter. I've peered inside the camera, moved the mirror but the shutter seems to be closed (not that I know what it's supposed to look like).

I'm still travelling and really wanted to use the DSLR to take photos abroad. Any tips or solutions for a quick fix would be greatly appreciated. Otherwise my local Sony repairman will be very happy indeed.

Thank you,

W

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony SLT-A55
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow