Is Panasonic Doomed? Massive Losses!!

Started Oct 31, 2012 | Discussions thread
Vandyu Veteran Member • Posts: 8,897
Re: Is Panasonic Doomed? Massive Losses!!

GeraldW wrote:

This is at least the second year of losses and this year's are far worse than last year's. Not a good trend line. They also mentioned Sony having four years of losses.

I don't know about other products; but in cameras, Panasonic has some really bad marketing practices. They do have some good products to sell, no question; but they don't make it easy.

-- hide signature --

Jerry

Jerry, how many times have we mentioned in the forum that Panasonic needs a better marketing dept. and display presence? Sony is in every store with most of their consumer models. People see them. You really have to want a Panasonic and be willing to buy sight unseen. I just happened to see the FZ10 and FZ20 at a Ritz store in the local mall a couple of years before they shut down. I'd never heard of Panasonic cameras before that.

-- hide signature --

"Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." (A.A. Milne)

Vandyu's gear list:Vandyu's gear list
Nikon D80 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6G ED-IF Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR II +9 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow