A57 or A65 for lowlight wildlife?

Started Oct 28, 2012 | Questions thread
philbot Contributing Member • Posts: 846
Re: A57 or A65 for lowlight wildlife?

sensibill wrote:

Of course, as per usual, insult my 'grasp'... And still the A65 puts out more high ISO chroma noise than the A57.

It isn't an insult, it's a fact. You have demonstrated you don't understand the concept of signals and noise.

No doubt you'll have more nasty personal allegations to follow up with. Lots of comments about my personality and how none of it matters because there's this or that going on in the image pipeline, how wrong DPR is, how baseline comps don't matter if blah blah is done to the file after export... But one thing you don't show is undoctered normalized RAW from the A65 that has the same or less chroma noise as the A57 at 1600-up.

It's not nasty to for me to state you don't understand a subject.

Funny how everything else gets brought in BUT that.

So? absolute levels of Chroma Noise are different, I've agreed a million times now, I've then just shown that it means absolutely nothing unless put in context, that context being the signal, and shown how rudimentary NR (which reduces both signal and noise) shows parity between the camera's.

This however has gone over your head (That's a fact, not insult) because you don't have an understanding of the subject, you can't even grasp the simple impact of what DPReview say and how that practically presents itself in the test images you show..

I keep asking for you to just address the technicalities and explain why you believe we should ignore the obvious theory (backed up by DPReview), but you can't seem to do that simple request..

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow