A57 or A65 for lowlight wildlife?

Started Oct 28, 2012 | Questions thread
zefelder Regular Member • Posts: 191
Re: A57 or A65 for lowlight wildlife?

uh-oh.. 16mp vs 24mp again.. looks like it's never going to end!

I guess there are many theories telling why one of these sensors is better than the other for high ISO IQ. There are many ways to compare IQ numerically and numbers will always slightly differ depending on how you compare. And when you look at 200% you can always find some difference in pixels.

But all this absolutely does not matter for real photography. I own both A55 and A77, I shoot a lot with both of them. I do use 3200 and 6400 quote a lot on both, but I yet to find a situation where one camera produces a practically better high ISO photo than the other with the same settings when properly processed (not necessarily with the same settings).

Here are some blind tests of A55 vs A77 @6400 I posted long ago:

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3221130#forum-post-41808165

People could not tell much difference between the test shots (even comparing at 100%!), different people preferred different shots, at least not before I told which photo is done by what camera There were several other blind tests posted by others, the results were similar.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow