Why no focus issues with D5100 or D3100 compared with D7000

Started Oct 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
Reilly Diefenbach
Reilly Diefenbach Forum Pro • Posts: 12,546
Time to Hit the Complain Button on Barry Fitzgerald.

I hope that as many of you as possible will join me.  I'll make it an open letter to the admins if need be.  Barry has displayed a thoroughgoing arrogance and disregard for the longstanding forum rules regarding repeated trolling and camera bashing in this and several other forums.  Want to start a thread about a DSLR?  Count on Barry attaching himself like a leech and making it all about Barry and his endless battle with the poor retailer, manufacturer and service center.  He thrives on hand to hand internet combat.  Ignoring him does no good, as the internet serves up a continuous stream of new people, most of whom believe he is serious, at least until they find out the depths of his obsession.  That obsession, as all the regulars know too well, is to find fault with whatever camera he has at the time.  His checkered history shows an ugly trail of nonstop bashing of Sony, Fuji and Nikon over a period of over ten years. He has never posted a positive comment about any camera newer than ten years old.  As of Mako's latest count, he is up to seven hijacked threads just recently and shows no sign of slowing down.

I think I write without fear of contradiction that if there had been a moderator of this forum, he would have been permanently banned a long time ago.  He's set a record for thumbs down, which I'm sure he enjoys immensely in true troll fashion.

Now, I don't mind a person coming on here and describing a possible fault with a Nikon product and getting help with focusing or whatever.  Mako and many others always rush to the aid of the OP.  Barry has never tried to help, not once in 30,000 posts.  He only makes whatever situation worse by railing against (fill in the blank's) quality control, adding to the anxiety of the person with the issue, causing who knows how many victims of his FUD-spreading return their perfectly good cameras.  On what does he base this never ending jeremiad, at least recently?  The fact that he, Barry Fitzgerald, has allegedly had six bad Nikon camera bodies spanning two different models, a claim so deeply preposterous as to eliminate him from any serious discussion.  If only it would eliminate him.  Like a zombie who hasn't received just the right coup de grace, here comes Barry, shuffling through the day and night, heading for an equipment thread near you.

Enough is enough.  We need to ban Barry.

Reilly Diefenbach's gear list:Reilly Diefenbach's gear list
Nikon D500 Nikon D850
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
hea
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow