A57 or A65 for lowlight wildlife?

Started Oct 28, 2012 | Questions thread
philbot Contributing Member • Posts: 846
Re: A57 or A65 for lowlight wildlife?

sensibill wrote:

philbot wrote:

Surely, the slight NR applied to the a65 should just destroy all the underlying information, and you'll be able to show where the 'pure' A57 image holds the advantage with ease, assuming you are correct that is.

Who cares? The chroma performance of the A65 is worse at high ISO. Whether I can apply NR to an A65 RAW and show detail destruction has nothing to do with the fact that no such noise reduction can occur without a quid pro quo of detail loss, regardless of quantifying its severity.

Or are you trying to say that chroma NR is lossless?

No, chroma NR isn't lossless, but if I apply it to the A65 and I end up with no less chroma information then the a57, then clearly dpreviews comments on ACR are correct (or the obvious notion of raw preconditioning are correct)..

So please, just show me where this loss is relative to the A57?

This ridiculous belligerent stance of just showing the OOC noise despite even dpreview telling you to expect differences that aren't down to purely sensor performance is raising my eyebrow somewhat, at least explain yourself on this, why must we ignore this factor?

You'd think it was rocket science or something. I've never said to ignore any sites data, just put it into context and don't ignorantly take it at face value..

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow