P7700 problems with macro and flash in CMD mode

Started Oct 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
sicherheit Contributing Member • Posts: 514
P7700 problems with macro and flash in CMD mode

Just got a P7700 and have been trying the commander mode but can't get the flash reduced enough to stop it burning out the image using the on board flash when shooting macro/close up. Distance from lens 10-20cm.

I have tried it with SB-R200 and SB-700 in remote with the same result. Tried it in manual flash set at 1/64, in slow sync, fill flash etc. but always with the same result - too much flash. Seems that the pop up flash is contributing too much light. If I stick my finger over the pop up flash I can reduce it.

If I use the SU-800 with two SB-R200s I can get the flash balanced in manual, fill flash etc. Using the SU-800 does seem to defeat the object of the internal commander mode. As an aside I also find the hamstrung nature of only being able to set the SB-800 to work on Channel 3, Group A frustrating.

Anybody else have problems with P7700 internal flash/commander mode.

Any pointers/help appreciated - driving me nuts The manual is not much help.

-- hide signature --

JohnB
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3182/2298450593_a65e0ee642_m.jpg
One photo out of focus is a mistake, ten photos out of focus are an experimentation, one hundred photos out of focus are a style. Anon

Nikon Coolpix P7700
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow