Is Canon out of touch ?

Started Oct 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
Osiris Ani Senior Member • Posts: 1,126
Re: SOLUTION... My on camera flash photos look just fine

Travelintrevor wrote:

sixgun wrote:

The shot below, selected for use in Brides, was shot with two Einstein 640s up front / overhead and a single Profoto D1 in the far backround to light the courtyard / trees. Shutter speed is 1/30 at f/8 hand held rear curtain and this is unretouched. We used a Canon 1DsMkIII with Zeiss 35 f/1.4 and a Pocket Wizard TT1 to trigger the strobes (in manual mode).

I did not take your comment the wrong...not after seeing what you posted and after stating your settings for that shot. The lighting looks flat and that photo could have been taken with a rebel and kit lens. Good luck in the future

Indeed, I'm not really seeing the technical or artistic proficiency in this particular example photo, which demonstrates results that could have been accomplished with an adequate smartphone. Perhaps you have something that better illustrates your point, sixgun. I really, really hope so, otherwise this thread is merely an academic exercise.

-- hide signature --

'Passion will make you crazy, but is there any other way to live?' —Kara Saun
http://www.oqlus.com/

Osiris Ani's gear list:Osiris Ani's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM Canon EF 28-135mm F3.5-5.6 IS USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
tko
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow