NX200 DR?

Started Oct 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
OP tolleknolle Regular Member • Posts: 375
Re: NX200 DR?

paulhome wrote:

The range on the nx200 is quite good but not outstanding, this kind of effect can be carried out with just about any modern camera.

Perhaps, although NX20/200 were continuously criticised for sub-par DR and I was glad to find otherwise.

Technically i guess it is hdr and hdr can be used to make good images, but hdr for hdrs sake will always annoy a lot of people.

Yes, hdr for hdr's sake may annoy people. I, however, posted before and after images for the sake of making a completely different point.

Take better photos and make them better still, don't take a bad photo and try to find something that isn't there.

I took a photo, which I do not at all consider bad, and demonstrated an incredible richness of detail in seemingly burnt-out highlights and seemingly blocked-up shadows. Arguably, I found what is there rather than that which is not.

To suggest that the image isn't important and that is just used to demonstrate a point is just lazy photography and is best restricted to the Sony forum.

For one, I am not suggesting that the image is important, other than as an example of NX20s RAW potential. Secondly, I have no idea how demonstrating a  valid technical point is lazy photography. And thirdly, I think a lot of Sony forum contributors would take an issue with your statement.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow