Why no focus issues with D5100 or D3100 compared with D7000

Started Oct 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
phiri Contributing Member • Posts: 969
Re: You can find..

Barry Fitzgerald wrote:

phiri wrote:

By the way, have you ever been able to achieve perfect focus with any camera body? If so, can you please post them so that we have a look.

The D7000 is probably the most complained about DSLR for AF from Nikon possibly even any model I've ever seen. Is there a slight hint that there is a reason for this? A bit more than possibly internet hysteria?

The user comments on this forum were mostly akin to blaming the end user, settings, focus shift, higher pixel density (firmly discredited with my 6mp v 4mp test shots), the complicated AF. But where I am standing it's quite simple really..the AF isn't calibrated properly and QC issues are still present.

Moving on yes I am, but as a user who has experience of Nikon I'm quite entitled to comment. I see no reason why anyone would get that upset.

But we can also provide a plausible explanation here. The D7000 is the first Nikon consumer camera to have an advanced focussing system than can easily overwhelm some users. So having many complaints about it does not automatically translate into a poor AF system. Do you see the argument here, these are not equals. As you are moving on, I can only really wish you all the best and please share with us some photos and your experience when you find the AF system that meet your needs

phiri's gear list:phiri's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon 1 J1 Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
hea
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow