Why no focus issues with D5100 or D3100 compared with D7000

Started Oct 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
Barry Fitzgerald Forum Pro • Posts: 29,888
Re: You can find..

phiri wrote:

By the way, have you ever been able to achieve perfect focus with any camera body? If so, can you please post them so that we have a look.

Nothing is perfect..but you ignore the obvious points made. there is something called "acceptable" and that varies from user to user.

Mira admits here D7000 is inconsistent for AF, something I have complained about with the D90's and D7000.

The Km5d is consistent in focus..much more so than any of the Nikon bodies. Tiring or not..that is my conclusion. The D7000 is probably the most complained about DSLR for AF from Nikon possibly even any model I've ever seen. Is there a slight hint that there is a reason for this? A bit more than possibly internet hysteria?

Did I not read Thom Hogan's review of the D3200 and he too complained about back focus and it being "annoying"?

The user comments on this forum were mostly akin to blaming the end user, settings, focus shift, higher pixel density (firmly discredited with my 6mp v 4mp test shots), the complicated AF. But where I am standing it's quite simple really..the AF isn't calibrated properly and QC issues are still present.

Moving on yes I am, but as a user who has experience of Nikon I'm quite entitled to comment. I see no reason why anyone would get that upset.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
hea
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow