Is Canon out of touch ?

Started Oct 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
Doug J Veteran Member • Posts: 9,320
Re: No

bobn2 wrote:

Jaims wrote:

The 5D3 is what a lot of people asked for in this forum and then some: a 5D2 with a worthy AF system, at least as good as the 7D's. And I for one wanted this 5D3. And not a lot of ppl were asking for 36+ megs, at least not until the last Nikon entered the game.

My memory is that a lot of people were expecting and asking for more MP, and it was a big surprise when Canon didn't do it. What happened is Nikon made the 5DIII that people here wanted, while Canon made a D700 Mk II. Hence the sudden reversal in perceptions.

I recall a different list of desires/complaints. The primary one, a carry over from the original 5D, related to AF - more sensors & overall improved AF under varying light conditions. As I remember (my memory might be flawed/skewed), another was improved performance at higher ISOs. There were some desires related to video, but I don't remember that much higher MPs was high on the wish list.

I don't think DR improvement was high on the list, although this and improved high ISO performance are of interest to me.

The D800 is clearly a game changer, opening up new resolution capabilities for those that need it. This level of resolution might not have been on the wish list of some folks, until it was introduced & made commercially available.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
tko
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow