Nikon dumping lemon D800/D800e/D600, Federal Trade Commision or other gov't entity assist us ?

Started Oct 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
OP KewlEugene Regular Member • Posts: 306
Re: Nikon dumping lemon D800/D800e/D600, Federal Trade Commision or other gov't entity assist us ?

I recall the Toyota Camry/Sienna Sludge Class Action Lawsuit resulted in free engine overhauls at Toyota USA Dealerships.

Nikon recalled my CL-L2 and shipped brand new CL-L2 via air post direct from Japan.

Nikon recent problems in recent years began with me at least with the incredibly poor AF on the 70-200 VR I lens. I never complained but many did.

Now the El Segundo Service Center, D800/D800e and D600 and who knows what else, seem to be ruining the company's rep in the USA.

It's not the whole company. I never hear of problems with the D3 series, nor D4, etc. I love my Nikon 1 V1.

I think the smart thing for Nikon would be to

1) permanently close the Nikon USA Service Centers and use independent camera/computer repair shops to service Nikon products since they have an personal incentive to do a good job.

2) Repair D800/D800e/D600 with free shipment both ways.

3) Order Nikon USA Dealers to open the box, test, and certify D800/D800e focus, and D600 for sensor fit/oil problem, prior to shipping to customers.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow