Would you sell your 70-200 f2.8 VRI for the 70-200 f4 VRIII?

Started Oct 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
wasserball Veteran Member • Posts: 4,036
People are nuts.

I cannot think of any pros and cons that is worth switching lens. A lot of shooters here think any slight advantage one lens has, if there is one, will make them a better photographer. I don't think so. It's your brain that captivates the image that result in the picture, not the slight advantage of one lens over another. I'm not saying I know it all, but learn about lighting and composure. That will make you a better photographer than any slight advantage f4 has over the f2.8.

You got me on a rant now.  If you are a landscape photographer, do you think you will ever be as good as Ansel Adams?  Any equipment you currently own is thousand times more capable of what AA used.  Why does he have better pictures?  He has patients to wait hours for the right moment in light. to get in the right position to take his pictures.  He doesn't shoot from the window of his car.  He doesn't snap 100 pictures to get one.  I hope you see the point I am making.

wasserball's gear list:wasserball's gear list
Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/2.8G ED-IF VR Nikon D3S Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 400mm f/2.8G ED VR II +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow