Nikon dumping lemon D800/D800e/D600, Federal Trade Commision or other gov't entity assist us ?

Started Oct 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
olyflyer
olyflyer Forum Pro • Posts: 24,193
Re: Nikon dumping lemon D800/D800e/D600, Federal Trade Commision or other gov't entity assist us ?

Leonard Shepherd wrote:

olyflyer wrote:

Sure it's a good post if you believe in conspiracy...

And maybe do not believe in mass hysteria either!

While no manufacturer achieves a nil product failure rate so far nobodyat dpreview seems to have posted a link to an image showing an AF fault based on sensible testing - and at least 86 have posted a link showing they did not test sensibly.

-- hide signature --

Leonard Shepherd
Many problems turn out to be a lack of intimate knowledge of complex modern camera equipment.

Exactly. Except that I believed in mass hysteria, so I spend a whole day testing sensibly my brand new D800 the second day I got it, only to conclude that it was a waste of time. Some say I am lucky, but I say it's a mass hysteria... and sure, I have also seen many threads about pointless, erroneous testing and conclusions of "Left AF error" as a result of those.

BTW, I like your signature line... It says about all there is to be said about many of the "testers" as well.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow