Other Systems dream of this performance at f/5.6 - but at f/2.0?

Started Oct 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
illy
illy Forum Pro • Posts: 12,160
Re: Other Systems dream of this performance at f/5.6 - but at f/2.0?

Rriley wrote:

illy wrote:

Rriley wrote:

illy wrote:

philosomatographer wrote:

You didn't really look at my f/2.0 crop, did you? If you think a competitor's 70-200 can do this, even at f/4.0, you have probably not used them all (I have) and are completely mistaken. There is practically no fixed-focal length lens that can beat this. If you are in posession of illustrative samples, please post them.

Then there is the great colour-rendering, perfect contrast at all apertures, and edge performance which make us owners of the Zuiko 35-100 really appreciate it over the alternatives. We can even forgive the slower, noisy focus. The SHG Zuikos are optically peerless, and it certainly took me a number of years to realise this.

Others are catching on... Even DigitalLoyd (in his paid subscription reviews) demonstrates the superiority of the SHG zooms over Leica M lenses in absolute terms.

Ahyway, I don't want to force you to use anything, my post was just a shout out to this wonderful optic.

Peace out.

My Nikon 50mm/1.8D can do that, not knocking the wonderful Zuiko lenses, but they don't have a monopoly on good glass

50/1.8 D at f/2, havent checked myself, but maybe you should

already checked it with a shot, it actually surprised me by it's edge performance which is supposed to be really poor

well the first MTF should be exactly what you are seeing. The edge and centre plots are agreeably close, not sure how that makes it 'good' or 'comparable' but there we are.

well the OP claimed it couldn't be done except by Oly lenses, it was a blank statement

-- hide signature --

I WIN BY SHOUTING LOUDEST

illy's gear list:illy's gear list
Nikon D200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Nikon D5100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow