Where to pre-order X-E1 in Canada

Started Oct 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
lnbolch
lnbolch Senior Member • Posts: 2,277
Re: Where to pre-order X-E1 in Canada

pmaster wrote:

So, now remains the question of where to pre-order. Initially I was hesitating between Vistek and Henry's, but on second thought, these stores probably have a full list of pre-orders already and I might be better off trying a smaller store.

If you live in the west, then London Drugs. Nobody even thinks of them. When the X100 was announced, I ordered there and got one of the first to be delivered in Canada. While Vistek and Henry's took months to ship all their orders, London Drugs had only a total of 11 orders at over 75 stores across the west. Fuji Canada shipped all the LD orders to their warehouse in Vancouver, where they were dispatched to individual stores a couple of days later. Same situation with the X-Pro1.

The neat thing is that I am less than a thousand meters away from the store, so I walk. The staff know me by name, and will match any price in Canada with no shipping and handling charge. One time when I was buying a lens, I had not bothered to check prices, but the salesperson knocked $100 off the price anyway. They are authorized dealers for every brand. I have no idea if a similar chain exists elsewhere in the country. I have also dealt with Vistek and received the best of service.

-- hide signature --
 lnbolch's gear list:lnbolch's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix Real 3D W1 Fujifilm FinePix X100 Nikon D700 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED +8 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow