The scratch right below the reflecting mirror on D600.

Started Oct 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
Nikonfan99 Senior Member • Posts: 1,411
Re: The scratch right below the reflecting mirror on D600.

MariusMM wrote:

Ive also noticed some other marks:

I may be talking out my *** but looking at these photos, the scratches are all over the place. They dont line up especially around the edges. I am wondering if these parts get this way during assembly? Agin I think we need a real lab with proper equipment to test this theory before anyone jumps to a conclusion. They need an actual d600 that shows oil and dust on sensor and one with marks and to use some kind of dye or product that wil transfer to a point of contact. I am going to suggest for people to first tilt the camera back....look under the mirror....notice two gaps on either side? that cut out may be the source of dust. But i am not the one that designed these things.

just checked my d7000 and if you tilt it back it is not even close to the same design and also the bottom is not the same so how is that also having dust/oil on sensor when it is not similar? I dont think we really know anything yet until someone can do these test and knows the design and has the schematics of the miror and body.

Nikonfan99's gear list:Nikonfan99's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 100mm F2.8L Macro IS USM Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow