NX200 DR?

Started Oct 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
RedFox88 Forum Pro • Posts: 28,601
Re: NX200 DR?

Ian Leach wrote:

Being a technology geek I think this sort of thing is great but I have purist photography friends who aren’t happy with the direction photography is going. I think they preferred it when there were fewer people were able to produce engaging images. They think fixing photos in software to this level is cheating but I think you just have to go with the flow.

I don't consder the image posted to be "engaging".  Fixing under exposed photos does not increase the quality of the subject capture nor improve the composition or lighting.  Those elements are what photography is about - not lifting shadows on greatly under exposed snapshots.

As for the DR of Samsung’s new sensor, you can only really know by scientific test, I’ve done the same with my NX10 photos and that cameras sensor is not that good for DR or noise.

Still I like that image and it just goes to show what can be hiding in very dull looking shots.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow