How many of you here are waiting for the 6D?

Started Oct 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
Albert Silver Veteran Member • Posts: 3,312
Wish list for 6D: silent shooting

nofumble wrote:

The grass is always greener ...

It is not actually that green. When the Nikon D600 came out, I admit I was envious after seeing their DXO scores. Still, if you read the forums, the camera has a major issue of oil and dust, due to design issues. According to LensRental, the shutter gap is a bit wider thus dust gets in on one area very fast and all the time. According to Nikon, the 30+ oil spots appearing on their sensors are due to some issue with the mirror, and people are seeing the 30+ spots reappear after less than 1000 shots.

Is Canon perfect in comparison? Nah. Each have their issues, but clearly nor is Nikon. I find the prospect of the FF 6D actually quite attractive frankly, and two things stick out to me:

1) size/weight. No one has made any issue on this, but for long-term usability/portability this could be huge.

2) Sensor obviously, and though I'd be fairly shocked if it produced any DXO records, I do expect it to be closer to the 5D3 than the 7D.

One thing that would almost guarantee make it a best-seller though IMHO would be if they included the silent shooting of the 5D3, even with an inferior sensor. I may not be able to make myself invisible while covering events, but I sure wish I could muffle that shutter sound.

A FF combination of small AND silent... I'd be saving pennies for that.

Albert Silver's gear list:Albert Silver's gear list
Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Sigma 24-105mm F4 DG OS HSM Tamron SP 35mm F1.8 Di VC USD +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow