Leica M-E Summicron-M 28 mm f/2 ASPH Copenhagn

Started Oct 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
Edward48
Edward48 Veteran Member • Posts: 9,464
Re: Leica M-E Summicron-M 28 mm f/2 ASPH Copenhagn

MrLaki wrote:

Edward48 wrote:

I'm quite enjoying this thread, which on one or two forums I've been reading lately would probably have long ago descended into name calling and downright nastiness.

I don't think art photography, painting, sculpture or any other sort of creative endeavour has or needs to be explained. It will either 'speak' to me or not. Sometimes straight away, sometimes after a bit of effort on my part. If nothing happens, fine. It doesn't mean it's a c**p piece of art, it's just not for me. Personally I like the challenge.

Best wishes
Mike

My Zenfolio Gallery
Personal Picks
G20 protest gallery
One picture a day

Ok Mike, I agree, but when someone is being asked, does that mean he has to treat all people, who ask a valid question, with that type of arrogance as he does? He claims that to understand his photos you need to go to exhibitions or read books, so he puts his photos on the level of art which deserves to be shown in books and exhibitions (which might happened), so where's the problem to explain?

Well, no Laki. It's not the best way to win friends and influence people, I have to admit.

Do you remember Stefan Rohner? I thought he was a brilliant photographer, trouble is, so did he. He reacted to people the same way. Perhaps it goes with the territory

Best
Mike

Edward48's gear list:Edward48's gear list
Fujifilm X30 Fujifilm X100T Olympus PEN-F Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Panasonic GX850 +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow