Which Continuous Lighting Kit for Small Room Shoot
Hey guys, its me again... I need lighting and I have a few options that maybe you can choose for me, or maybe there is another option that you know of that I havent found... I use Amazon mostly because it is a good place to start thanks to the ratings. Other sites like cowboy are nice but have nowhere near the info for me to make a beginner decision. So it would be GREAT if you all just agreed on one of these to recommend so I can just get it and be done, for now, until I am ready for my next step up... Just to review:
• Got my T3i ( will be using the EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS... also have the EF-S 55-250mm f/4.0-5.6 IS II but of course unusable in my space where avg shoot distance will be about 6-7ft)
• Using white sheets as backdrops (got the 9' paper sheet but there is no way its working, too unwieldy in small room... took a couple of test shots with the white sheets and its fine) and need to do some videos as well, so I figured, I'll get some continuous light kits over strobes, combine them with the natural sunlight reflected in from may sliding glass doors, and that should be good
• Subject is a model, main purpose is average product shots for the web (even for zooms, will not exceed ~700px), i.e., no cover of Vogue, no product shot for VictoriaSecret.com or Playboy.com, just enough for the visitors to see a clear image of the apparel and designs. If you want to get into the specific camera settings, on certain shots, I dont mind having to show a nice bokeh
• 12'x12' room (actual shoot area is like 9'x9') where the lights will be less than 7-8 ft away from the subject (need at most ~800 watts, spread over 2 or 3 stands?)
• Travel/portability MAY be an issue, so I rather have something that I dont have to disassemble every but and bolt to fit back in. Honestly, if thats the only thing holding it back from fitting back in its case, I have no problem buying a simple long duffle bag or something and getting some appropriate padding and stuffing the lights in there. I just do not want something that will fall apart when I take it around... I will not be able to leave it up in the shooting room, it will have to be taken down every time.
• For some of these, I can buy just 2 (like the last one on list) and still be under budget, but I really cant fit 4 stands in this room... I would much rather have 2-3 bright ones than need 4-5 stands.
• I dont think having a stand or boom matters, but if you have thoughts on that, I am welcome to listen.
• My budget is under $200 but I can go slightly over (not over $300) IF you know of something that is worth that extra $$$.
Ok here are my options from what I have researched... Please either pick one clear winner or rank them if YOU had to buy them for my purpose, and if any useful comments on why you picked that 1/those 2, then please let me know as well.
Thanks so much!!!
$125 --- LimoStudio Digital Photography Video Continuous Softbox Lighting Light Kit Boom Stand Lighting Kit Carry Bag Photo Lighting Bulb_AGG704 (USED ONLY)
$160 --- Fancierstudio 3000 Watt Digital Video Continuous Softbox Lighting Kit 9026S3 Fancierstudio
$103 --- Cowboystudio 1200 Watt Photography, Video, and Portrait Studio Umbrella Continuous Lighting Kit With Four 85 Watt, 5500K Day Light Balanced CFL bulbs, Black and White Reflective Umbrellas, Stands, and Carrying Case
$90 --- PBL PHOTO STUDIO FLUORESCENT LIGHT KIT VIDEO LIGHTING PHOTOGRAPHY 850 WATTS WITH UMBRELLAS Steve Kaeser Photographic Lighting
|Post (hide subjects)||Posted by||When|
|Oct 25, 2012|
|Oct 25, 2012|
|Oct 31, 2012|
|Oct 26, 2012|