D300 vs D300s performance question

Started Oct 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Stusteelhead Senior Member • Posts: 1,121
D300 vs D300s performance question

A question to those who have used both cameras,  my D300s has just rolled 190,000 shots and is starting to act up,  I shoot wildlife and buffer and fps is very important, was hoping the D400 was gonna be here in time but looking like I will need something in the mean time if not just as a backup, and given the high shutter count on my 300s the new body will probably be kept as a backup.  I was looking at a used D300 with only 6000 shots for $495, the question is how much a performance downgrade is the 300 vs the 300s in both buffer and af and any noticeable difference in write speed to clear the buffer. If the performance hit is significant i may just send my 300s to nikon, but it has had a rough life so a gently used replacement might still be money better spent.  Any thoughts would be appreciated and nothing in the current line really fits the bill, i want a D400.

-- hide signature --

www.raincoastphoto.com

Nikon D300 Nikon D300S Nikon D40
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow