New Mac Mini...

Started Oct 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
Ken BK Regular Member • Posts: 154
Re: New Mac Mini...

henryk1 wrote:

I had been thinking about an i7 quad-core iMac 21.5" to replace my 2009 Mac mini. But the fact that you can't add RAM yourself to the iMac sours me on it. So I'm thinking about an i7 quad-core Mac mini instead. I already have a professional 24" monitor, keyboard and mouse. If the Intel HD4000 is at least as good as the graphics chip in the 2009 mini, I think I'll go for the new mini.

BUT I haven't been able to find any info on whether the user can add RAM himself to the new mini.  Yes or no?

My understanding is that the new Mini is similar to the previous one allowing for user upgradable memory.

I also just read this on the Appleinsider site regarding the new iMac's. If it is to be believed, the 27" is upgradable. But they are referencing it to the the previous model which was not. Confused reporting?

"The case isn't just hard to crack, it's not designed for end users to open at all. The smaller 21.5 inch version even lacks a user accessible cover to access RAM, which the 27 inch model retains. Both can, however, be upgraded if the entire case is opened up.

Apple says the smaller version supports up to 16GB, while the 27-inch model can be configured with 8, 16 or up to 32GB of RAM, using 1600MHz DDR3 SO-DIMM memory."

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow