A taste of Cuba / D800. Lots of pics.

Started Oct 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
OP winter1 Senior Member • Posts: 1,989
Re: A taste of Cuba / D800. Lots of pics.

Manny82 wrote:

I always enjoy reading your post-holiday threads Mark. Again, another lovely set of snaps. Thanks for sharing these. I must admit, the 28-300 is pretty impressive for what it is - i dismissed it earlier this year when i purchased the 24-120 f/4 instead - but even that went back.

One question though, i notice all of your shots were captured in f/9 or f/10. Was that purely because that's what suits the optics best on this lens?

Thanks for taking a look.  It was certainly my pleasure to be in Cuba and have the opportunity to take some holiday memories home with me.

Re the 28-300vr.  f8-f11 is where I like to be with this lens and I feel that's it's sweet spot.  I purchased this as a go light travel lens that has incredible flexibility and it does the job very well in my op.  However if IQ is your main concern then of course you need to take your primes and 24-70 and 70-200 etc etc.  It's not hard to beat the 28-300 re IQ with the aforementioned lens but racking out from 28-300 with the flick of the wrist does it for me, especially when I am on Vacation!

How many photo ops may I have missed whilst changing lens?  Those Dragon flies don't hang around for long!!

Cheers mate, take care and all the best, Mark.

winter1's gear list:winter1's gear list
Sony RX100 V Sony RX10 IV Sony a6000 Sony a7 III Sony Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* E 24mm F1.8 ZA +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow