A taste of Cuba / D800. Lots of pics.

Started Oct 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
OP winter1 Senior Member • Posts: 1,989
Re: A taste of Cuba / D800. Lots of pics.

mothergoose wrote:

There's a lot to be said for having one lens with a wide focal range when traveling. If you fuss around with changing lenses too much you miss out on the enjoyment. Quite often you don't have the time anyway.

Nice shots. Gotta love the decor of the place--like the alligator on the piano.

The old man with the donkey for rent--what was he renting out? Donkey rides? Baggage/pack handling?

Thanks for looking.

Yep the 28-300 is a great 1 lens solution for travel.  There is a lot to be said for covering that range in a all in one.  As this was our Vacation, Photography was not our / my prime goal here but simply to record some memories (holiday snaps) and the 28-300 does that very well.

The old Man on a Donkey, well I am guessing he is renting out the photo oportunity as cost me a couple of Pesos.  Guess you can also go for a ride if desired but we passed on that!

Cuba is quite unique, Architecture, Landscape, the Cars of course but above all the people are some of the friendliest you may ever wish to meet and it is this that we will always remember.

Cheers, Mark

winter1's gear list:winter1's gear list
Sony RX100 V Sony RX10 IV Sony a6000 Sony a7 III Sony Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* E 24mm F1.8 ZA +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow