Is sony Alpha DSLT/DSLR the right platform for learning photography and growth?

Started Oct 21, 2012 | Questions thread
phaedin
phaedin Senior Member • Posts: 1,621
Re: Is sony Alpha DSLT/DSLR the right platform for learning photography and growth?

I got my A57 about 6 months ago.

The biggest problem you may encounter, as far as lenses and accessories, is that your local camera shops may not have them on-site for you to test. whereas they do have Nikon and Canon lenses on-site.

I like the A57, as I can see what affect changing the settings has BEFORE I take a shot. I think I have been able to pick up the basic concepts (ISO, aperture and shutter speed) easier because I can change them and see the affect in real time and have feedback if I am changing the settings the correct way

In fact I have turned off the 2 sec review so that I can take shots faster if I need to, because I know before I press the shutter button if the shot will be over or under exposed - the only thing I really need to check is if I got the focus correct.

whatever camera you decide to go with, I am sure you will be happy with it

phaedin's gear list:phaedin's gear list
Nikon D7100 Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM Tamron SP 70-200mm F/2.8 Di VC USD Nikon 200-500mm F5.6E ED VR
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Marti58
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow