Maybe my D7000 has issues....

Started Oct 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
Barry Fitzgerald Forum Pro • Posts: 29,888
I can't agree the more pixels bad AF argument isn't water tight

MiraShootsNikon wrote:

What it means for you?  Rather than trying to shoot it like a camera from 1995 and finding it "unacceptable," you should shoot it for what it is: a camera from 2010 with some very interesting capabilities.   The technology is transitioning, so that means you need to move, too.

mira

Mira I could get into an extended debate on this but simply put..I shoved the D7000 into 4mp jpeg mode, v a Km5d which is a 6mp DSLR

The Nikon shots were clearly showing strong backfocus even at 4mp, the Km shots were in focus and on target (at least certainly very acceptable). So I simply reject the claims about increased resolution= more out of focus shots. Out of focus is out be it 4mp or 16mp

Nikon has to make money? Of course but not like this..skimping QC and proper AF calibration.

We're not talking about a very slight bit of back focus..it missed the target by a whopping 5 inches if not a little more. That's a bit miss..and a consistent big miss. I've had misses by many feet with longer focal lengths..simply unacceptable for any product.

Nobody expects perfection cameras do miss focus at times. As for price I'd expect a better performance regardless of price. D7k is a great camera overall, feature packed, nice 16mp sensor..but it's all wasted if Nikon slap out bodies that have such poor AF calibration.

Go back and look at those shots again, 4mp and yup still well out of focus, no excuses are suitable for that kind of lousy performance.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow