Canon 24-70 2.8 II vs. Tamron 24-70 2.8 VC
Belated thanks for posting the YouTube link.
I'm within a few weeks of pulling the trigger on a 24-70 and was still undecided. The YouTube video made me reconsider how I can use these lens and so I'm going for the Canon 24-70 mk II.
Going with the better optical quality, especially wide open stopped down, and for suppression of "onion bokeh". Faster AF can also help.
I figure if I really need the IS/VC for slow shutter speed handheld, I'll use my 24-105. I'll also explore what I can get away with using higher ISO and post processing as well as finding ways to bring my external flash with light modifiers more often.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
|Sunflower Field by GrannyMeg|
from An impressionist piece
|Flag from Staten Island Ferry by wam7|
|SAND SCULPTURE by duskman|
from Landscape - Black and White #4