Is sony Alpha DSLT/DSLR the right platform for learning photography and growth?

Started Oct 21, 2012 | Questions thread
Maxeyesore
Maxeyesore Regular Member • Posts: 415
Re: Is sony Alpha DSLT/DSLR the right platform for learning photography and growth?

I guess I could also add some personal experience so you know more info here. I bought into sony about 2 years ago, just as you, from P&S (although my P&S was like 5 years old). My a33 was my first DSLR type camera. A year later, I had also test shot an a77 and a57, as well as D7000. A month ago it was upgrade time, and I knew for a fact I was not buying sony again. That left the D7000, the canon 7D, or even maybe pentax.

I ended up buying the Pentax K30 and it was so much more an enjoyable experience. The real OVF instead of an LCD for a VF is so much nicer to look at. The IQ was far better and it is weather proof to boot. The new pentax K5 is coming out though, and it was too tempting so I traded up. So for me, I tried sony, more than one camera, and it always felt like I was at a disadvantage. It was a great system for my first because they are so simple to use.

But simple gets boring when you know it well.

-- hide signature --

To see is to believe...PENTAX

Maxeyesore's gear list:Maxeyesore's gear list
Sony SLT-A33 Pentax K-5 IIs
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Marti58
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow