Is sony Alpha DSLT/DSLR the right platform for learning photography and growth?

Started Oct 21, 2012 | Questions thread
Maxeyesore
Maxeyesore Regular Member • Posts: 415
Re: Is sony Alpha DSLT/DSLR the right platform for learning photography and growth?

Mr Cool, aside from everything that's been said already...It kinda depends on what you want. If you are focusing solely on still images, sony is not the place to go, and neither is Canon. I'm sure if you spent enough ($2800 for a99, $3500 for 5DIII) you could take great shots with those brands, but they simply do not FOCUS on photos. Sony and Canon are in a video war, with canon offering the most complete video experience of any brand, and sony offering faster AF and full time live view features.

Nikon and pentax are the other side of the tracks, photos. Can you take ok video on them if enough is spent? Yes (at least for Nikon), but if you are buying based on video you shouldn't go Nikon or pentax. I got the vibe you wanted more in the way of photos, so I would strongly recommend one of the latter two. Again this is more of a per dollar thing. All brands have a camera that can take awesome photos, but pentax and nikon just have more and for less cash.

If you have more questions about those two brands and their cameras, I would suggest you just throw out some questions in those forums. I have visited both many times and they have a fairly helpful member population. The worst thing that could happen is you don't hear anything helpful and stick with your sony choice.

-- hide signature --

To see is to believe...PENTAX

Maxeyesore's gear list:Maxeyesore's gear list
Sony SLT-A33 Pentax K-5 IIs
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Marti58
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow