Lightroom is automatically darkening my photos

Started Oct 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
Vcize
OP Vcize Regular Member • Posts: 432
Re: Lightroom is automatically darkening my photos

suddie1215 wrote:

See my first response.  The only settings on the camera that are recognized and applied by Lightroom are White Balance, ISO, shutter speed and aperture.  All others including Picture Styles, Auto Lighting Optimizer, Hightlight Tone Priority, etc. are ignored.  If you're shooting Raw it shouldn't matter much anyway.

When you say 'picture styles' do you mean landscape setting, portrait setting, etc are all ignored by lightroom?

I guess it's true that it doesn't matter when shooting RAW as the data is all still there anyway, but it matters in that adjusting thousands of pictures to get the look of the way they looked on the camera with ALO is no small task.  I suppose my only recourse is to try and find a way to simulate the changes that ALO would make in Lightroom and apply that as a preset to all photos.

Thanks for all your help with this, btw.

Vcize's gear list:Vcize's gear list
Sony Alpha a7R Sony Alpha a7R II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM +6 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow