Is there time for an interchangeable sensor DSLR?

Started Oct 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
Leif Goodwin Senior Member • Posts: 1,390
Re: It's here

Theodoros Fotometria wrote:

I don't see  why people refer to MFDBs all the time... obviously they don't read the previous posts...

I think you need to look in the mirror. I think what you mean is that others do not blindly accept you assertions.

A sensor doesn't need to carry the processor with it and there is no need for processing firmware update  each time a different sensor is used, an interchangeable sensor will only have to let the processor "see" its identity and act properly... There is no problem for correct sensor positioning either, nor it is expensive to secure sensor positioning...

No, there is no problem, it can be solved. But you make an assertion "nor it is expensive to secure sensor positioning...".

...and of course no "single standard" between manufacturers is needed either... why would it? Do they share the same standard for lens mount?

-- hide signature --

Theodoros
www.fotometria.gr
www.fotometriawedding.gr

The problem is that you are making a whole shed load of assumptions, which if accepted, means that the technology exists and is cheap. However some of us question those assertions. In no case have you provided any form of proof other than "because I say so", and your response to me has been to ignore me when I ask you for some kind of proof for your assertions i.e. an FX sensor costs about £150 to £200 (effective cost to the customer), it is cheap to make a suitable mechanism to support removal sensors, there will be no significant increase in camera size, and the user will not mind if after 4 years their modular camera cannot support the latest sensors because it has locked in old technology.

Leif Goodwin's gear list:Leif Goodwin's gear list
Nikon D200 Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm F2.8G ED Nikon AF Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8D +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow