Is sony Alpha DSLT/DSLR the right platform for learning photography and growth?

Started Oct 21, 2012 | Questions thread
Addictif
Addictif Contributing Member • Posts: 627
Re: Is sony Alpha DSLT/DSLR the right platform for learning photography and growth?

IMO, i think the Sony platform is the best in the market to learn and grow on photography.
Why?
First, easy o use. The "in camera operation system" its, again imo, the best of the market. At the same time it unleashes all the manual operation, it also has great hints for people who are new into photography world, where you can understand what each function do and how it changes the photograph.

Second, lenses. Yes, Canon and Nikon have a wider range, but at the same time, you can get some really cheap lenses from Minolta that will deliver unbelievable IQ for the price. That way, you can experiment different lenses without spending a huge amont of money, and after some time with them, you can decide if you need a more expensive from the use you gave to your lenses.

Third, quality. Even if you are shoot in A priority or full Auto ... you will get some really good shoots. That's a plus when you are learning, because, that will motivate you even more into photography experimentation. This is the result of the great Sony sensors and a good Exmor processor.

Forth, although not by a great margin, i still think Sony has the best price/performance ratio on the market.

Fifth, Sony has been more involved in supporting their cameras, releasing firmware updates in a shorter time interval than they were some years ago.

As you get more experienced and advanced, at some time you may start to have second thoughts about Sony not having a top of the line camera, but with the new A99 and the upcoming FF for 2013, Sony will give Canikon teams a huge headache. The quality of Sony cameras is getting better every release. Sony A77 won a great percentage of comparisons against  Canikon competition ... A99 will certainly keep that pattern and who know's what's coming next year ( My belief is a "low cost" FF and a top of the range FF, to get in the way of D600 and D1x market share ).

Oh, and it's different. Everyone i know, only talks about Nikon and Canon. That can be good and bad though

-- hide signature --

Pedro Sombreireiro.
Shooting with: A77, 16-50 F2.8, 35 f1.8, 50 F1.8 & 85 F2.8

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Marti58
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow