Is sony Alpha DSLT/DSLR the right platform for learning photography and growth?

Started Oct 21, 2012 | Questions thread
Kappels Contributing Member • Posts: 796
Re: Is sony Alpha DSLT/DSLR the right platform for learning photography and growth?

Ash,

Re lenses: as it has been mentioned some of the best lenses in this world are the Carl Zeiss lenses, whIch are for the Sony platform, particularly if you want to use  them with auto focus. There are Canikon shooters who jump ship to Sony because of these lenses.

Secondly, you have Sigma and Tamron who produce outstanding lenses for the Sony system

Rumors have it that Sony will expand their service  system for dslr and dslt users, something which is very easy for them as they have it already in place for their video section.

I think if you really want to invest in a camera system that is progressive, well then Sony is the one that is really pushing the buttons with their Nex system and dslts. I am pretty sure the others will follow eventually but for the time being Sony has the most advance video system in their new A99 and the AF-D and focus limiter function are also newbies that are very welcomed.

At the end of the day though it boils down to what feels comfortable in your hands! I shoot with Canikons regularly and they as well as Sony are all capable of stunning results. Each of them might have the edge over the other in certain segments and it very much depends on what you like shooting. The menu systems and flash systems are very different from each other and some are IMHO easier to deal with then others.

I would go to a camera shop and handle some Canikons and Sony cameras and see what feels right. The A57 has very good reviews and frany you can not go wrong with it.

Stef.

Kappels's gear list:Kappels's gear list
Canon PowerShot G10 Sony Alpha DSLR-A100 Sony Alpha NEX-5 Sony SLT-A77 Sony Alpha a99 +21 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Marti58
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow